While any member of staff would be glad to try and help you, not everyone has the same skillsets or information as the others. Please reference the following to see which staff members would best be able to help you with your needs:
Dealing with players about OOC matters falls under the purview of Administration.
- Enforcing Policy
- Player-Staff Relations
- Player Disputes
What characters are available, getting a character, what to put on their +sheet, making changes to a character after approval, if it’s something under +sheet these are your guys.
- Stats & Benchmarking
- Banned/Restricted characters
- Character Approvals
- Character Upgrades/+sheet changes
- Game ‘balance’
The game’s theme and backstory as well as the forward story as well as plots, control of NPCs, and anything to do with actual interaction with the game world is handled by the Roleplay area.
- Overall world-story
- NPCs and background organizations
- PRP (Player-Run Plots) help/approval
- Staff-organized plots
This is the back-end of the game. The things that most people only notice when they’re broken. Talk to Systems staff about the following:
- Hardcode – This deals with TinyMUX 126.96.36.199 #1
- Typos or formatting (not content) in +help or news files
- Softcode – If it starts with a + (Like +finger, +who, +where etc) then it probably falls under this
- Building – Exits going to the wrong place? @desc missing on a room? This falls under Building.
- Wiki – This isn’t about wiki content. This is “I can’t log into the wiki”, “How do I undo an edit”, “I forgot my password” etc.
- Site – These are things that deal directly with our host or domain (6th-Age.net)
- Notifying the playerbase of any scheduled downtime
- Making sure the game/wiki is paid for
- Making sure the domain name is paid for